Monday, February 24, 2014

Learning My Colors

Hola, and happy day!  It is a beautiful day here today.  The sun is shining and no wind is blowing and it is actually kind of warm.  A few days ago we saw robins in the backyard...at least 4 or 5 of them.  Mel said it would make a nice picture, but I was too sick to comply.  I could take a picture today if they would like to come back!  I am feeling tons better.  I am still snuffling and coughing, but not as much, and I seem to have energy for things.  I painted for a few hours.  I mostly worked on my color chart.  It is really cool.  I am glad he has us doing this.  I can already tell it will help me to see what colors to use.
 I worked on my self portrait a little too.  I am not very happy with it, but I am never very happy with self portraits.  So I am just figuring I have done my best and it will be good enough.

I went to Costco this morning after I took Taylor home.  He was cute.  He asked me if I had a weed whacker.  I said yes.  Then he said, well, if you have a weed whacker, you must have a lawn.  And if you have a lawn you must have a house.  And if you have a house you must have a job.  And if you have a job, then you are smart.  I asked him what that was all about.  He said he and Jacob and Nick had been watching a "hillybilly" program.  One of the hillybillies went to school and took a class on logic and this is what he learned.  Taylor laughed and said he asked another of the hillybillies whether he had a weed whacker or not and when he said he didn't then he told him he must be stupid.  Taylor thought that was hilarious!!!  I laughed to be polite, then told him they were hill billies, not hilly billies.  Then I said, maybe the other hill billy was super smart and had a really good job, so he was able to hire a lawn service, then he wouldn't need a weed whacker.  He thought about that, but I think it sort of spoiled the joke for him.  I don't know why I spoiled it for him.  I guess I don't want him asking the neighbors questions like that!  Not really.  I guess I am just doing the grandma thing.  Amazing him with my vast amount of incredible knowledge!
Well, I don't have a lot to report.  I am tired and so I think I will take a lie down.  Julie and all the kids left for the other grandparents' house so it is really quiet....which I am beginning to appreciate:)  I used to hate how quiet it got here....silly me.
I hope things are not too quiet where you are in cyberspace this afternoon/evening!  I am still pulling for you!  We're all in this together.  HAVVVVVVVVVVVGFHE!!!!!!  Melody

No comments: