Friday, February 7, 2014

The Perfect Storm

Good evening!  We are in Salem, Oregon this evening.  I guess we have managed to come here during the worst storm of the century...or something like it.  The roads are really bad, at least going from Portland south.  The I-5 is packed with about a foot of snow...cars and trucks sliding off...traffic going 35 mph tops.  Mostly we went about 5 mph, until about 3 miles out of Salem, where traffic just stopped altogether.  We knew it was going to be bad, but not this bad.  We missed the party for my dad at Red Robin with Barb and a couple of her daughters.  So we will have to make up for it tomorrow!  I hope we can get there.  Dad says they haven't had snow, so maybe after we get away from Salem it will get better.
We did get to see really beautiful snowflakes.  I think I was 12 before I saw real snowflakes falling.  So it is still a treat.  But I will admit I was a little upset when the snow built up so bad on the windshield that the wipers couldn't wipe it fast enough...and then froze!  We had to stop and clear the windshield, which as it turned out wasn't hard since all of the traffic stopped anyway.  Crazy weather!!!
So I just had to share our fun adventure.  Hope all is well.  HAVVVVVVVVVVGN!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

wow, I don't think I would call this storm fun. However, the biggest problem is they don't know how to drive in snow. We went to Portland for a physician visit years ago and got stuck in a snowstorm. People were sliding off the roads all over.
I am sorry you missed the birthday dinner.
Blessings!