Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Useless Cares

Hola!  It's been a good day.  It seems like the days I have class speed by much faster than normal.  It was a good class, although my teacher thought I was being too timid with color.  So he asked if he could paint on my picture and show me what he meant.  Of course I was delighted.  He gave me my own private lesson on how to use color.  I love watching other people paint, especially when they know what they are doing.  And he explained what he was doing with each color.   I hope I can remember it all.  I think it will help my confidence a little.  I guess I want to do things right, so I am too careful.  One of my teachers last semester told me I needed to make more big mistakes....with painting, of course.  I guess I just have to be braver.  It's hard to be an artist.  You have to be brave, and thick skinned, confident in your own abilities, and leap tall buildings in a single bound, no doubt.  I will keep at it.  But my body is complaining.  I am limping like an old pirate with a wooden leg today.  I think the weather has something to do with it.  I think that the rain and cold weather somehow bothers my arthritis.  I can really feel it in my left leg tonight.  Or maybe it is because I swam for an hour after class today.  Joy took about a half an hour to show up, so I swam all that time, plus the half an hour we normally swim.  I may have done too much.
Now I am watching the olympics.  The contestants really do make me feel older.  But it is fun to see people work so hard to do their best.  I must admit I am kind of hiding out.  I guess I am just tired, and also this cold makes me feel a little grumpy.  So I am here in my bedroom, waiting for Mel to get home from work.  He has a lot of work right now, and it is hard for him to leave I think.  The day is just too short!  Mugsy keeps me company though, so I am not totally alone:)  But as I am writing, I am thinking I really should just climb in bed.  So I think I will.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVGN!!!!!!  Melody

No comments: