Friday, March 21, 2014

Ducks!

Good morning!  I am being really brave today.  I am going for a walk!  I do a little walking every day...especially at school.  But I really avoid it because of my knees.  But they seem stronger with all the swimming, and so today I am walking...with Liz and Taylor and Alex....by the river...by the ducks! Yep we are taking some stale bread and feeding the ducks.  I suppose that is bad for the ducks, but I am not really too concerned for them.  I like my grandchildren to have that Lake Merritt experience of feeding the ducks, that I had as a child.  I can remember the thrill of it all...hoping to get close enough to actually touch a duck.  And having them peck at my fingers as I held out the bread.  It was something I really looked forward to.  We often went over to Oakland to Lake Merritt and would play on the swings and slide, and feed the ducks.  We sometimes went into Fairyland, but that was expensive, so not too often.
And today I am starting on my self imposed diet.  I think I have the right mind set and I really should drop some weight.  So I am being accountable here on my cloud support group:)  And here is a picture of me this morning.
 I hope it looks thinner each time I post it....maybe once a month?  I know this is silly, but I am determined to be more healthy.  And I know this will keep me at it.
I am also hoping to paint today, but we shall see.  I always have more on my list than I can possibly do.  So I will tackle each thing today as it comes.
I hope things are happy and well in cyberspace today!  I'm pulling for you!!!  We're all in this together!!!!!!!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

What a lovely picture of you. I will be happy to follow your dieting success.
I think it is awesome to show your grandchildren things you used to do.
Blessings for this one!