Monday, March 3, 2014

Guinea Pigs Galore!

Guten Tag!  I am having a good day so far.  I went to the art store and bought a new canvas.  I couldn't get to sleep last night thinking about the one we had stretched and gessoed.  It is so huge!!!!  I kept thinking how my teacher says that every inch of a painting should count...which means a whole lot of inches on that 3' by 6' canvas.  So I promised myself if I would go right to sleep I would go first thing in the morning and get a more reasonable size.  So I did.  It is only 24" by 30".  It seems much more reasonable.  I had to buy one, rather than make another, because there wasn't time to do three coats of gesso before tomorrow.  I did put one coat on the smaller one...my teacher says that is necessary.  It should be good and dry by tomorrow.  And I am feeling much better about our upcoming painting.
It's funny the things that bother me as I am falling asleep.  But what's funnier is the dreams I dream while I am asleep.  Last night I dreamt we had a basement.  And unfortunately it was full of giant guinea pigs.
Somehow we had forgotten about them down there and they had multiplied and become really big and wild!  My neighbors came over to complain because they were escaping out the basement windows!  I went down to see how bad it was and then I got trampled by all of them.  I remember thinking I would never be able to clean up the mess!!!  It makes me chuckle now, but while I was dreaming it all seemed very real and terrifying!  I guess waking up and realizing it was all a dream was the best part.  I did take some Zzzquil last night.  I wonder if that had anything to do with it:)  Or maybe it is because I have been feeling like I need to clean things up around here.  I am having fun cleaning.  I am taking it bit by bit.  It is amazing.  I clean something and it stays clean.  I love it!!!  I guess I was beginning to feel a little overwhelmed with 7 kids disorganizing things all around me.  I am not sure why children are not naturally organized and tidy.  But even my most meticulous daughter did not come that way!  They have all had to be trained.  Admittedly some were easier to train than others:)
Well, I am beginning to sound a little silly.  Life feels good today.  I hope all is happy and well in cyberspace today.  Take care and remember I am still pulling for you!!!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I must say that the Guinea Pig pictures are adorable. I had a dream similar to this one but it was with mice; which I don't think they are that cute.
Have fun doing the painting.
I too am trying to get my house more organized. I did have one son that came down organized. He always had everything in his drawers organized.
However, his brother was the complete opposite.
Blessings!

singing/granny said...

LOL!!!