Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Happy

Good morning!  I hope it is for you.  Today is our day of reckoning....with the accountant.  I think we have everything in order.  It will be nice to get this done.  Our original appointment was in February, but that is just too early.  Mel has a bookkeeper that had to get everything for the business in order.  My part was mostly personal data.  And it's pretty easy any more...what with Quicken and Quickbooks.  I remember the olden days of searching for old receipts and making a tornado of the financial records.  This is such an improvement!
Then I am going to paint.  I can hardly wait.  I have been going over this painting in my mind for a while now...and even in my dreams:)  Last night I woke up realizing I had been mixing paint colors in my sleep.  And there was some unusual consequence, but I forget now what it was.  I found out from my teacher that I need to set up the scene a little further from the light source, as it was making odd shadows.  So I hope I can do that without too much trouble.  This studio/bedroom is a little limited in space.  So I may have to go out to the other room to paint...we'll see.
I suppose this isn't exactly gripping content.  Sorry.   I am actually glad it isn't.  I found out last night about a friend of mine that is living in that mode.  I feel so bad for her.  She went to the hospital in Ogden to get a surgery for her back, which went well.  But she caught a staph infection in the hospital and has been really ill.  The worst part for me is that I didn't even know about it.  I had pictured her well and happy and recovering quickly.  And life is like that I think.  It can be wonderful for one person, and miserable for another at the very same moment.  And you can be totally ignorant of another's suffering.  So I am trying to figure out how to be a better friend, and a better person in general.
I hope today finds you happy and well in whatever part of the world you may be in.  And in closing I think I will leave a good thought from the Book of Mormon.  (I had intended to do this more often, so I am beginning again.)
“And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.” (Mosiah 2:17)
Have a most wonderful day!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Yup, I love that scripture. I have felt just like you; sad to learn that a friend is not doing very well. I have a bunch of telephone calls to friends that I need to make.
Have fun painting today; it sounds like you need to get it down since you have been dreaming about it.
Loved it all and blessings to you!