Thursday, March 6, 2014

Scriptures!

Good evening!  I am done!!!!  Done with my painting class til Tuesday.  It is so soooo hard right now.  I thought I was doing pretty well, making sure to mix the colors to what I was seeing.  Then at break my teacher said I wasn't using enough color!  He is painting along with us, so I looked at his....which is beautiful.  But it is definitely not the colors I am seeing.  So I am totally confused.  And that is frustrating to me I guess.  Because I just want a break from bad painting!!!!
Sorry, I had to vent.  Phew!  Now back to real life.
I remembered what the third thing was that our stake president wanted us to do!!! I know...amazing!  I did get a little help from Mel....."Mel do you remember what the third thing the stake president wanted us to do?"  "Yep, read scriptures!"  Ha, ha!  When he said it I remembered.  Does that count?  Anyway, our speaker at our empty nester's FHE said that President Joseph F. Smith said that the book we should all study is the Doctrine and Covenants, and he gave several examples about why, and it was really good.  Of course we still should be reading the Book of Mormon, but in our spare time we can study other books:)  Anyway.....
Tonight we are packing to go to Oregon again to take my dad back.  He is missing Barbara...naturally.  So I am kind of excited.  One more look at the ocean!  I need that about now.  I am feeling a little down.  It may be this painting stuff.  I have a hard time learning new things.  But I think it has more to do with Julie moving away with all the kids, and just general "I am sooooo tired of winter!!!!"  It is not supposed to be great weather, but better than our last visit!  And our day at the beach was spectacular then, even with the storm.  I am kind of exhausted though, so I hope I can do this without too much suffering:)  We are flying back, so the trip home will be quick.  I just hope I can stay awake and alert all the way there.
Well, I guess that is about it.  I hope all is well in cyberspace.  Take care!  I am still pulling for you!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I think it is healthy to vent once in a while. I find you amazing and you do so much. I sometimes feel exhausted just following one of your days.
Blessings for you!