Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday

Today has been a good day.  My daughter Liz came with Taylor and Alex to church.  Luckily I anticipated them and brought cereal snacks and some little people toys...the manger scene.  Alex loved playing with the little people and was pretty good for a two year old.  I think it was a great meeting.  First a member of the bishopric talked....Bro. Andrews.  He is an orthopedic surgeon...and really a good speaker.  He talked about love, humility and meekness.  It was a good talk.  I think I learned a lot.  And it helped me to have a more optimistic outlook.  The second speaker was a high counselor...Bro. Gomez.  His talk was very entertaining.  He told of a skiing experience where he got lost on the other side of the mountain.  His story was quite interesting and then he related it to our own journey through life....and how in all of the parables of people or sheep who get lost...they are always found.  I thought that was reassuring!
The 11 year old boys were quite a challenge!  There were 10 of them...and me:)  Mel had said he would come and help, but he had to do some clerking for the bishop, so I ended up on my own.  I had fun.  They are full of energy, but each one a real gem.  I am glad Taylor is in that class for now.  They are good boys and very accepting of others.  I think Taylor is beginning to feel pretty comfortable with them all.  And they are all friendly and cute to him.  The lesson was about Abraham and Lot and how kind Abraham was to his nephew.  And how we should be accepting and kind to others.  It was a good topic.
Our home teachers came today.  I am grateful we have such faithful home teachers.  They bring a good spirit with them.  And then Liz and her husband and kids came for dinner.  So it has been a good Sabbath day.  Life seems good, and I am glad to still be alive.  I think about that a lot I guess.  I think it is finally sinking in how really close I came to leaving this life.  Our former bishop stopped me in the hall to ask how my health was, whether I was listening to my doctor, and taking my medicine.  He is sweet.  He was the bishop when I went to the hospital last October, so I think he feels a little responsible for me even though he isn't the bishop now.
Well, I have written a lot for one day.  I really thought I would stop blogging, but I do get a lot of satisfaction from writing a little each day.  So I guess I will keep at it for the time being.  And that is all.  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I have been thinking a lot about humility and meekness. Those are powerful attributes of becoming Christ like.
That many 11 year old boys would make me a bit nervous. Although I have about grandchildren between that are 13 -15 and another set of 5 between 8 - 11.
I do hope you are doing OK. I am grateful that you made it through all that you went through. You are amazing. You just got better and started right back in being very busy again.
Blessings and prayers for you!