Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Win-Win

Good morning!  I just did a spider check and couldn't see any.  Oooo, it makes my skin all crawly and weird thinking one may jump on me.  I hope I scared it more than it scared me....I am a little bigger.
So I am off to go swimming...for the second day in a row!  I know!  That's so good, huh?  Yesterday I met Joy at the school, and today I am taking Liz and boys to the Y.  I figure she needs the break, and I need the exercise.  So it's a win-win.  The first time I heard win-win was from Steven Covey.  He was a good speaker....very motivational.  And he helped me to figure out the purpose of life....to become like the Savior.  I had sort of known that, but he said it clearly for me for the first time, right after Tommy died, and I was feeling like...what was the point of all of this?  I think he helped me to avoid major depression at the time:)  He's also the one who said when the ounce of prevention doesn't work, you have to try the pound of cure...speaking of helping your kids.  He was a wise man.
So I guess I am off.  I hope things are happy and well in cyberspace today.  I am pulling for you!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!   Melody

3 comments:

Jeri Pettingill said...

Hi Melody. I love reading your blog now and again. We are making a big move tomorrow. We are changing from temple missionaries to leadership support missionaries in the Guayaquil South Mission. We are flying to the Galapagos Islands to help with two branches there for 2 months and then will go to one of the other 2 districts in our mission. I love Steven Covey too. A friend and I would go to the park with our little kids and read his books together. He was been a welcome influence on me too. See you in a year.

singing/granny said...

How fun to be on a mission doing the Lord's work. And in such beautiful places! I love that you read my blog occasionally. It is so nice to see your comments. I hope you are as happy and enthused as you sound. We miss you here, but your daughter and family seem happy and well. Take care!!! Melody

LeAnn said...

I did enjoy reading Steven Covey's books. He was a great motivator.
How fun to go exercise with your daughter. I wish I had some daughters close. I do have my oldest daughter is coming in May for most of the month; then they are moving to Australia. Way to far!
Blessings for you!