Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It's Promising to Be a Brighter Day!

It was a hard morning this morning.  I woke up to dogs barking in the bedroom.  Mel let them in as he was getting ready for work, and didn't realize they would bark.  I had taken the bark collar off of the puppy since I put them in the shop for the night.  Then he let them out in the backyard and they climbed under the fence to race around the neighborhood and bark.  I couldn't get them to come in.  So Mel went out and got them.  I was not happy with that puppy!  Max doesn't act that way when he is not here.  So I took the puppy back to Kim's this morning.  I called her to talk of other things, but I happened to mention that I was ready to sell the puppy on Craig's List.  And she said, "Oh no!  We'll take him back!"  So that is good.  I love the little guy, but he is definitely too much energy and upkeep for an old lady.  I need a mellow critter...like Max.  He seems much happier without Mugsy climbing and jumping on him.  Whereas, Kim's other dog, Ollie, seemed thrilled to have Mugsy back.  And Mugsy is thrilled to be back.  So it is a happy ending to a story that was beginning to turn sour.  I think my main objection was that he kept jumping up and scratching me, no matter how many times I would demand that he stay "down".  And well, with a blood thinner, scratches are not good!  Even a small scratch takes a lot of pressure and a bandaid to stop the bleeding.  And I was beginning to feel embarrassed about my arm full of red scratchy blotches:)
Now I am back home.  Kim lives about a half an hour away from here.  So I have had a good outing.  I even went to Costco on my way home to pick up a few things for Mel while I am away and gas up the car.  I want to be ready for leaving for Women's Conference after class tomorrow.  I am really excited to go!  Especially since I heard that Liz Lemon Swindle will be there with her latest paintings.  It's too bad I will only get one day.  But honestly, it will be plenty!
I had fun painting in class yesterday.  I am really liking the newest painting.  We aren't allowed to take pictures of it yet.  But when we are I will.  The models are from photos, and I picked ones that are really interesting.  And I think it will be lovely.  At least it is so far:)
Well, that is all.  I hope all is well in cyberspace today!  I am pretty sure things will be much calmer here!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am so happy being back and reading your posts again. I wish I had time to go clear back and read all that has happened to you. I am so happy you get to go to Women's Conference. I live close but can never seem to get there. Maybe next year I can talk my daughter-in-laws to come with me.
Enjoy the moments on this one and blessings to you!