Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Slow Morning!

Good day!  I am sitting here at my computer in my pj's still.  I had a rather bad night.  I woke up about 1:30 with very low blood sugar...84...so not all that low.  But enough to make me feel cold and shaky and pretty awful.  Then I made my way to the bathroom and stepped in something cold and slimy, so I turned on the light and discovered...my little puppy was sick.  My kids used to sing an awful song about diarrhea, and that came to mind.  Anyway, it woke me right up.  After I cleaned up the mess, I headed for the kitchen to drink something sweet.  That went well.  I guess that is the fun part of diabetes.  When your sugars are low you are permitted something sweet:)  No guilt!  And when I got up at six with Mel my numbers were normal again.  But after he left I climbed back into bed.  I know...what a life!  Mel would love to be retired and be able to do that too.  So I try not to let him know:)  But I have a headache that has not left yet.  I guess I am a whiner today.  Sorry!  But I had to tell someone!!!
So this new puppy stuff is kind of hard.  I had forgotten.  This puppy is not well mannered yet either.  He barks incessantly, or he did until I got a bark collar.  He still barks, but it is reasonable now.  But he has the bad habit of jumping up on people.  He is so small it is hard to correct.  And so I feel like the drill sergeant or something.  And half of the time he is full of stickers.  We have lots of tumbleweeds with very prickly stickers all around, so the dogs seem to pick them up.  I think I am getting old.  This has never bothered me before.  Max was just as difficult as a puppy.  But I guess Amy was living here and helped me with him.  I told you I was a whiner today.
I have been working on a painting for class.  I will share a little.  I think it helps me to see what's wrong.  And it adds a little color to my blog:)  I have until Thursday to fix things.  I need much longer of course.  And a few more painting lessons.  But I can see some improvement.  These are colorful because we had three colors of lights on the models.  I should probably paint some eyes in, but the models often close their eyes and nap, so it isn't easy.

Well, I guess I had better get ready for the day.  My headache seems to have gone.  Blogging helps!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

No comments: