Monday, April 28, 2014

Certainty

OK, so I promised to take notes.  Eleven year old facts.  This is just from breakfast this morning.
"Grandma...all liquids... if you put a piece of paper or something in the middle...it will climb!  Cool!"  (As he is putting paper of some kind in his chocolate milk.)
"See this white thing in my pancake?" I answer, "Yeah, it looks like an undissolved piece of flour."  "Nope, it's an oat, 'cuz oats turn white when you cook them!"  Me..."Really?" Tay..."Yep!"
"And Grandma....always remember...your friends and family are always family...always!...Sometimes!"
I love it.  I love listening to the logic of an eleven year old.  He is so certain of everything.  And it reminds me of myself.  I can still remember my folks standard answer..."Are you sure?"  And I always was, because that is how you feel at 11...sure of the world and your place in it.
Now I am not so sure.  I spout off what I think is a fact, and then I back track.  Maybe I know that...maybe I don't.  Is it wisdom?  Or just old age.  You decide.
This morning was great though.  We (Taylor and I) got things done around here, and then we went and got Liz and Alex and spent some time swimming.  Then it was time for lunch.  I drove them through Carl's Jr.  I got them fed and took them home, and then went and got Mel from work and took him and me (objective case) to lunch at the pizza place downtown.  Then I stopped on my way home and got some milk at Walmart.  And guess what?  The day is almost done.  And also I am ready for a lie down.  I am really exhausted after all of that exercise and running around.  I had planned to paint, but I am going to nap first.  Then if I still feel motivated I will paint.  And sadly that is how fast time goes every day.  Remember when it seemed like time dragged on and on?  I think that must have been another time zone.  It is never draggy now.
Well, have I wasted another good minute of your time?  I hope so.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  And happy family night!  Melody

No comments: