Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cloud Cover

What everyone else saw
I got up because I couldn't sleep, and also to see the lunar eclipse, but there is a cloud cover here and so I couldn't see it.  But the sky was kind of eery anyway....perhaps reflecting the light from the city.  I found this photo on facebook of what it looked like for those who did not have a cloud cover.  Beautiful!
We went to see Monuments Men last night for our FHE.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I kept thinking how amazing it would be to see so many great art works all together and up close.  It did make me sad though, thinking of all of the Jewish people who had been annihilated.  In one scene they found a barrel of gold fillings, a reminder of the hate and greed that existed then, and probably continues today in one form or another.  I cannot get my mind around it really.  I don't like to think that people can be so cruel.
But I know they can be.  Even our sweet granddaughter, Josie, was called names by a couple of kids at her school because of the color of her skin.  Such small minds that judge another person at all.  I like what the scriptures say, "Judge not, that ye be not judged."  We generally know so little about each other, that we should withhold judgement, and let the Lord be the righteous judge.  I guess it is easier said than done, but I am going to make a conscious effort to be kinder, and withhold my judgement of others.
I have been thinking about paint all day and most of tonight.  I have enjoyed mixing paints for my chart.  But then I think of the colors and how I might use them in my painting.
This side is done

This side I need to finish by the first of May
 I guess that is the idea, but it doesn't help with my sleeping.  I guess I had better remember to get some more Zzzquil.  That was really helping with my insomnia.  I really don't enjoy nights when I cannot sleep.  And the next day I am so wiped out!
Well, I suppose I have complained sufficiently.  Maybe I will go try to get some ZZZZZZ's.  Sweet dreams!  Melody



No comments: