Saturday, April 12, 2014

Happy Saturday!

Good morning!  Today is going to be another good day, although the weather man says it will be windy.  It is my granddaughter's birthday, and another granddaughter's birthday on Tuesday, so Kim and I are taking them to lunch today....and maybe shopping.  I personally do not like shopping anymore.  Actually I never have enjoyed it.  My mom used to say I was hard to take shopping because I got so mopey.  And things haven't changed much.  I do not like the lights in the mall, and the crowds of people, and having to walk and stand around so much.  I guess I don't fit the female role model in this area.  I kind of like to just go get what I need and leave....unless it is Costco:)  I do enjoy meandering in there.
Yesterday was lots of fun.  And I took some pictures.  We didn't get to swim because the pool was closed for cleaning.  But we still had an ice cream on the patio and watched the scenery.
The view from the patio


A closer view...you can see the mountains better
Looking up the north fork of the Payette
Looking down the north fork of the Payette
And we also went by the house where my mom's cousin, Edith and her husband used to live on the Payette River, where the middle fork and the north fork of the river converge together.  I miss them so much, and it was fun to visit the spots we used to fish.  Kenny especially liked fishing here.  We also stopped to snoop around a house for sale up there.  I would love to have a home up there to visit.  There is a golf course and a swimming pool as well as a gorgeous river.  It is one of our favorite places!
Well, I just wanted to send a few happy wishes out to cyberspace.  I hope all is well and happy and full of good times.  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

No comments: