Sunday, April 20, 2014

He Is Risen!

  Because of Him!  Happy Easter!  I wanted to share this video.  It is excellent and really does tell of the real meaning of Easter!  I have enjoyed seeing it everywhere on Facebook!
It is a happy day here. Church was exceptionally nice today.  Liz and Taylor came, and the choir did great, and Mel got called to the high council.  I have been keeping very quiet about this, but last week Mel and I had an interview with the stake president.  He asked Mel if he would be a member of the high council.  It has been so hard not to tell anyone, or write about this.  Mel is glad for the new calling.  He has been the ward clerk for three bishops since we moved here to Nampa, with a small break as the high priest group leader.  And he was feeling the need for a change.  I think he will enjoy giving talks in different wards.  He was a speech and drama major at BYU, and he has always enjoyed speaking.  I know there is more to the calling too.  He will be helping with the orchard, family preparedness, and family history.  All things we could do better with, so it will be a good excuse for us to stretch a little.   I am excited for him.  He is at a meeting now:)  They set him apart, and then said he had a meeting!  Ha, ha!  The 14th article of faith....we believe in meetings!
When he gets home, we are leaving for Glenns Ferry to be with our daughter Amy and her family.  She generously offered to do dinner.  I think she may have read my blog:)  Anyway, it will be fun.  Michelle and her family are also coming...and Taylor.  He wanted to stay with us again today.  And Liz likes having a break.
Well, that is all.  Except the gospel is true.  So have a happy Easter Sunday!  I hope you get a lot of chocolate!  Or peeps:)  Take care and remember I am still pulling for you!!!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGreatWan!!!!!  Melody

No comments: