Friday, April 18, 2014

Thank Goodness for Friday!!!!

Good day!  I am having a happy day today.  I woke up thinking about something I remembered from class yesterday.  I went to the hairdresser yesterday to get my hair cut and colored.  And so when I went to school a few people commented about how they liked it...normal stuff.  But there is one young man in my class whom I really admire.  He is so sweet and very open.  And he asked if I had gotten my hair cut.  I said, "Yes, and colored too.  It is supposed to make me look years younger!!"  He smiled and said, "Yes, it makes you look at least 20 years younger, which makes you....zero!"  That made us both laugh.  It is nice to have kind friends! Especially as I am growing older and my self image is beginning to suffer.
So this morning I invited Liz and family to go swimming, but when I got there we realized the car seat was in the car with Adrian.  I offered to go get it, but Liz said she was tired and needed to rest anyway. So she stayed home and fed Alex and put him down for his nap.  And just Taylor and I went to the Y to swim.  I love it there!  They have a current pool...the lazy river.  I can't remember if I have mentioned it before, but it is lots of fun.  There is a current that sweeps you around the pool, and even a whirlpool in the middle.
This picture is from the internet...I don't know anyone:)
And it is helping Taylor to learn to swim better.  He did really well today!  He is even learning to do the crawl.  It is hard for him because he is so skinny and doesn't float too easily.  But he is catching on!  It won't be long before he is swimming like a fish...minus the gills of course.
After swimming we stopped at Costa Vida for some Mexican grill.  I guess Taylor was starving!  He gulped his food down in less time than I had to put my napkin on my lap.  So I got a lid for my salad and drove him home.  I have forgotten how fast growing boys can eat!  I am having fun being able to spend some time with him.  It won't be very long before Grandma will not be a welcome friend.  But I think we are making memories that hopefully will get him through some of the tough times ahead.  They are moving again and I just remember that it was tough to make new friends and feel good about yourself.  I only moved twice growing up.  My own kids got moved lots...at least a dozen times...maybe more.
Well, I guess I had better get painting.  I am working on a painting from class.  It is the one with the three colors of light shining on the models.  I think I can improve what I already have painted with some careful paint mixing.  It is hard in class.  I always feel like I am being watched.  I think I paint better at home....although I do get such good direction from my teacher at school.  So if I could just be less inhibited and timid at school....like that's going to happen!  Sigh!
I hope life is treating you well in cyberspace today.  It is so beautiful here, it is hard to imagine it is not like that all over the world.  I wish it could be.  Take care and remember I am pulling for you!  We're all in this together!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!  Melody

No comments: