Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Today's News...and a little of past news

Greetings!  I'm at school and as our teacher warned the classroom is set up very differently. So I don't know how to set up. I am always uncomfortable with change, and especially when I am not sure what to expect. So I am sitting in the hall waiting for further instruction.
Last nights FHE went very well. We had about 16 people show. And each was prepared to share their favorite scripture from the D&C,  along with a favorite talk from conference.  It was a great meeting of some of my favorite people.  I love to share spiritual things.
So this was written a little earlier today.  My class turned out to be very fun and very different.  We had to paint from memory.  The models were set up at one end of the room with a curtain in the middle of the room.  Our easels were at the other end of the room, facing the wall.  So we literally had to walk over to look at the models, then walk back and paint what we could remember.  I guess the idea is that we will discover what we remember and prioritize most in our painting.  I kind of liked it.  Especially when the teacher came over and told me such nice things about what I had done so far.  He seemed to really like my imprimatura beginnings.  And I like them too.  Now if I can just paint the rest to look good.  It was interesting to see what everyone else was painting.  I guess we will work like this for three weeks.  It is our next to the last painting.  There is only 6 weeks left of school!
I thought I would share some of the better photos from our trip to Oregon.
A little path going into the mossy forest

Just a gnarly old log

Looking at the fog down the beach from us

The sky where we stood.  A patch of blue!

I especially liked the ones of the sky.  It was kind of cool, when we went to the beach, the sun shone just where we were...there was fog up and down the beach in each direction away from us.
Oh, and I shouldn't forget the sign downtown.  Ready?  "What's another word for Thesaurus?"  Ha, ha!  I laughed at that one.  Well, I hope things are happy and well.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGEvening!!!!!!  Melody

No comments: