Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Enjoying Life

Good afternoon!  I am home again after a long day of work.  No, I am not kidding.  The first job was book club, but I guess it wasn't a hard job.  Just a little nervous being on the spot about a book I wasn't wild about.  But I was industrious and went to the BSU library and got a few supplemental things...like a book on North American moths.  Since the book is all about a girl who is enthralled with nature, and particularly moths, it was a good reference.  I know, it sounds weird, but it was pretty interesting.  One of the ladies in our group had been raised in Indiana and knew about the area.  She said reading the book was a little like going home.  They always had nature things going on at school...studying insects and leaves and such.  I guess they are pretty proud of their swampy heritage:)  But ironically, most of the wetlands have been destroyed.  There is a movement to restore the wetlands of Indiana.  I guess there is a similar movement in many places.  At any rate it is over and I will not have to do another review til next year:)  And it went pretty well.  It is always so fun to get together with these friends I have known since the middle 80's.  I sound like an old timer.  I don't think it sounds at all that long ago, but I guess it is.
After book club I went to the shop to do filing and bill paying for Mel.  I kind of enjoy getting things in order.  And I found a check he had forgotten about!  He is so busy, and doesn't always have time for the paper side of things.  So I earned him a little money.  It is the second time this week.  Going through the things on his book shelf the other day I found some birthday cards from last July he had left on his shelf.  There were three gift cards and two checks!  It's good I like to organize I guess.  Even if it takes me a while:)  I guess I will go into work and help Mel for a few hours each day until he is caught up, and then I will just go in a few times a week.
The temple was so nice last night!  And afterwards we went to my favorite place around here...that's right, the fountain at the Village in Meridian.  We got there in time to see the hourly choreographed musical number.  I took a few pictures, it was so beautiful in the dark with the lights shining on the water!!!  I love sitting outside on a warm night anyway, but the fountain makes it extra fun!



So that is my life at present.  No painting today.  But next week for sure!!!!!  Hope things are good in cyberspace today!!!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I loved the pictures and especially the one of the two of you.
I used to be part of a book club and then they started to choose books that I didn't feel good about.
It is awesome that you have been with the group since the 80's.
Blessing for you!