Monday, May 26, 2014

Greetings!

Good merry morning!  I am feeling a little better today.  I stopped taking that medicine because it had so many awful side effects.  The worst was I couldn't sleep at night...only during the day!  And it made my heart race, my head ache and my stomach too.  It's funny how different bodies react to medicines differently.  This one is definitely off my list!  And I think since I only took it for a couple of days that I will be feeling normal again soon.
Today promises to be a fun day.  Taylor texted me early this morning.  He has an old phone of his mom's that she lets him use.  It is pretty old, the screen is broken, and the battery won't hold a charge for more than a few minutes.  But he is so happy to have his own phone.  It is kind of cute.  Anyway, he wants me to join him at the park at 11.  How could I say no?  Besides, it is hard to find enough to do around here.  I am still working on motivation....and energy.  I hope that returns as I get off of this medication....not that I had a whole lot to spare.  This park is next to his new school, and he is excited to show me.  I guess it has some innovative toys that are run with electronics or wind power or something.  It will be fun to see.
Then I am going to attempt to sketch a little and decide what to work on next with painting.  I keep thinking of things, then talking myself out of them.  Not a good work ethic I know.  But part of it is that I am still establishing priorities in this next phase of my life.  And children and grandchildren will always come first....well, first Mel, and then children and grandchildren.  But he is pretty low maintenance.  He is happy most of the time, and easy to please.  I am quite blessed there.  My kids and grandkids take a little more energy.  But that is good.  I need to feel needed.  Where I will fit painting in is a bit of a quandary still.  Does it come before or after housework?  Maybe after dishes and laundry and before dusting and vacuuming:)  Honestly, things don't get as dirty as they did with a house full of kids.  That was just a couple of months ago.  No wonder I am searching for meaning and questioning priorities.  It all goes by so quickly!  I just need to be patient and take one day at a time.
So I hope things are happy and well in cyberspace today.  Take care and have a wonderful day!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I find it so amazing how time just slips by and I accomplish so little sometimes. How do you slip into the space the sweet precious things you want to do. Family of course is first and I hope you had a delightful day with your grandson. I do believe in the thought; enjoy the moments.
I am sorry the medication wasn't a good one for you. I have had a similar moment with that too.
Blessings!