Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Happy Day! All Is Well!

It is done!!!!  I turned in my paintings this morning...all of them.  And I loaded my car with all of the odds and ends of painting left in my locker and shelves at school.  I am really done.  It feels rather weird, but good too.  Now I will have to figure out how to spend my days.  For the last four years I have had classes to challenge me.  I was thinking it had only been three years, but I started in the Fall of 2010, and took classes each semester, including most summer semesters until now.  So that is four years.  The time has certainly flown by.  It's going to feel a little strange for a while until I fill my life up with other things.  I am glad for book club!  It is tomorrow and I am in charge of the discussion.  We read A Girl of the Limberlost.  It was pretty interesting, about a girl raised in the swamps of Indiana, although I am not sure I would recommend it...unless you love romantic stories with a lot of sentiment.  I guess I love literature that is written concisely and this was not.  I guess it isn't fair to hold every author to the standards of an English major though:)  Mel and all of my kids have teased me for many years about "the standards of an English major."  And I have heard a few jokes about English majors over the years on TV and radio.  I especially like Garrison Keillor's Professional Organization of English Majors' jokes.  Here's a link if you're curious. English And a quote of my favorite line.  "English. It's the language we dream in. If you find yourself filled with inexpressible thoughts and yearnings, maybe you should think about majoring in English."
Well, I am being a little silly.  I should be listening to conference talks.  We are headed for the temple this evening.  I am looking forward to that.  Hope all is well.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVWonderfulEvening!!!!!!!  Melody

No comments: