Friday, May 9, 2014

Just one more thing!

Good Friday Night!  I am home and feeling just a little frustrated with the painting I have loved up until a couple of hours ago.  It was looking pretty good, and I thought .... (OH NO!).....  I'll just put this one more little piece of paint here on this eyelid....and I ruined the face!  I did all I could to fix it, and it didn't work.  So I started on the face all over again...and it is disappointing to me.  I guess I will just have to go into school on Monday so I can look at the photo again.  It is hard to recreate in my mind.  But tomorrow we have kids coming for Mother's Day, and so I will wait til Monday....blahhhhh!!!!!  So I guess it isn't too bad.  I just made the woman look annoyed....probably because I am feeling so annoyed with this bad habit I have of ruining things!  Anyway, I think I can save it.   Or I may grow fond of this new content for the picture...not!!!
The rest of my day has been OK.  I had a good morning, and a lovely lunch.  I looked at photos for a while...I enjoy looking backwards. And it does make me realize I have learned a lot in the way of painting.  I really think I can paint much better than when I started this little journey, but I am not yet where I want to be.  I guess it may take a few more years of practice. And immense patience with myself!
So here are a few jokes to cheer us all up.  The sign downtown..."Jokes about German sausage are the "wurst"!  I love that!  On NPR today they had a guest who has written a book about humor.  It is called, "Ha!"  I love the title.  Anyway he was quite interesting.  You might want to look it up on "Science Friday" for npr on May 9th.  Here's a link.  Why do we find things funny?  The book is by Scott Weems I think.  Anyway it was a good interview.  One of the jokes I thought was funny I won't tell, because I am so bad at telling jokes.  But it had to do with two hunters and calling 911.
Well, I guess I have complained sufficiently.  Oh and here is the painting so you know I am not joking!


HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGFriday Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I can see tender feeling in this painting. I wish I could do something like this. I still haven't found my true talent.
Blessings!