Saturday, May 24, 2014

Life in High Resolution


Wild Roses and Irises
John La Farge
Good morning!  I found a very cool website thanks to James Gurney.  It is a site put up by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.  I guess they have had the site up for a while.  But they put up a bunch of new high resolution images.  The cool thing is that you can zoom in on a painting and see brush strokes and use of color.  I am learning a lot from Rembrandt this way.  And other artists too. I am kind of excited about this.  I remember discovering something similar a few years ago that google was doing.  But this is even better I think.  Anyway, here is the link.  Images
I had an odd day yesterday.  I have started a new medication, and the doctor warned that it might make me feel a little wonky the first few days.  He was right!  But I did sleep better, which was the point.  And I guess it will even out in a few days.  But it makes it hard to think, so I may not write as well.  This getting old stuff is a little difficult at times...but I guess it all goes along with the plan.  I am certainly learning to be more compassionate of others ailments.
Well, I guess today will be a regular work day.  Mel went into the shop.  He has a mold that he is working on that is giving him fits.  I hope he can solve the problems for his customer.  I keep thinking how nice it would be if he could find another tool and die maker to help with this work.  His employees are good at running machines, but not at making tools to run in them.  I guess from what I have read, that it is hard to find machinists and tool and die workers anymore.  They mostly reside in China:)  Or they are already working here.  I remember when Mel belonged to the union of tool and die guys in California that he was one of the youngest members.  He thought then it meant job security.  And in a way that is true.  But it does have its down side when you are getting old and tired:)  He does have a China connection and they can make many of his tools, but there is a time lapse and it is not always possible.  Do you feel informed in the fine art of tool and die work now?  I guess it is something I want to solve for him, but most likely he will have to figure it out on his own.
And I think I need to go eat some breakfast and see if a little brain food will help me feel more normal.  Take care out there and have a most wonderful day!!!!  I am pulling for you!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I hope you do well on your new medicine. I have been there when trying to get used to the medication.
Thanks for the link to the images.
My daughter and her family and I went down to see the art exhibit at the BYU art center in Provo. It was so awesome. I love art; but of course I don't have any talent in that area but I do have a husband and some children that love doing art. My husband would do really good if I could get him to relax and work on something. Oh these husbands can be a handful sometimes.
Blessings to you dear friend!