Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday Night Again!

Good evening!  I am feeling very tired, but extremely happy!!!!  I just put the last paint stroke on my paintings!  There are three of them due tomorrow along with my color chart.  I finished that too!!!!  My favorite painting is the one where the people are dressed:)  I forgot to take a photo of that.  I went into school this morning to finish it, and fix the face.  It looks much better.  The other paintings are here.  So I will let you take another peek.
I feel pretty good about them, except for the things I don't like about them.  I guess the main thing is that they are all so contrived.  I will be happier painting what I want to paint I think.  I don't know yet:) But I am going to start on a project so that I keep my fingers in the paint.  I think the first thing will be to start in on the walls in this house!!!  After 13 years of hard living, they need it!!!  Especially all the mop boards.  But I am planning to start illustrating a book about Christiana Long Syphus....for my grandkids.  I figure I will keep up my skills if I paint a little each day.  Mel would also like me to come into his work and do a little office managing.  That would be fun, and it would help him out a lot.
It's so funny!  On Saturday Taylor helped Mel mow lawns.  He got to do some of it all by himself...after a little instruction from Mel.  And we have a riding lawn mower with all of the huge lawn we have here.  So Taylor was really excited.  He told me he got to drive the lawn mower all by himself..."and grandma, it is almost like driving a car!!! " I think it was the highlight of his visit.  He is 11 years old.  I am sure I had Kenny mowing lawns by that age.  I even think we had a riding lawn mower some of the time.  Seems like Kenny liked that too.
I guess I feel a bit like I am at the end of a long and winding road....and I am not sure what is around the bend.  I hope it is all good.  I am planning on that in fact.  I feel pretty optimistic considering.  So I hope today has been a good day in cyberspace.  I think it is time for the news to come on here, so maybe I will go check it out.  Take care and have a great family night!!!!  Melody




1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Aw w it's always nice to see your finish paintings. I think you will be fantastic at illustrated the Children's book.
It is always fun to have grandchildren around to help. My husband is mowing our lawn right now and I wished we had a child closer to help with this. He really isn't it great shape for doing lawn mowing.
Blessings to you!