Thursday, May 8, 2014

School Day...this is the last one!!!!!

Good day!  I am feeling a little silly today...so I should paint well!  It is my last class today.  I am a little sad to be done with Boise State University, but not too sad.  What a ride this has been to go back to school.  I have really enjoyed it.
BSU Campus - aerialview
And so probably this last day of school is my last for this lifetime.  Weird!!!!  I told Mel it will be hard to find things to do around here.  And he said, "Well, you don't have to stay here."  I laughed and said, "Yeah, I could get a job!  But who would hire an old woman with a limp?"  And of course he would.  But frankly I don't enjoy the monotonous work at his shop.  So I will probably figure out how to use all these skills I have been developing....somehow.  Today it seems a little daunting.  But I suppose I can just do it....like Nike says.  I do have courage and I can send in a few images when I have some to send.  And our livelihood is not dependent on me....thank heavens!  I know I will miss the social aspect of school, but I will figure it out eventually.  No, I am not depressed, just fighting the urge to really rant about the fun of old age.
I did paint for a while this morning...on that same old painting that is headed for the burn barrel.  I think I have done enough to it.  I found out all our ungraded work is due next Tuesday.  I only have the painting at school and the color chart to finish now.  So I shouldn't be too panicked.  I think my main problem is that I get in a hurry and don't mix colors as carefully as I should.  I usually can draw things fairly well, but it's the coloring in that is hard....at least in oils.  I do better with dry colors...like crayons:)
Well, I hope all goes well for the world today.  And also for cyberspace!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Congratulations on finishing your last art class. I have enjoyed following your art adventure. I really admire you for going back to school. I can assure you that you will find plenty to fill up your time. I do think you should do some paintings of course.
Blessings and hugs for you!

The Moving Girl said...

Hey Mom. I finished my last final yesterday. I have two A's and two B's. Not bad for moving across the country in the middle. I am so glad you shared the story of Christine Syphus. She inspires me too. Love you! Happy Mother's Day.