Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Flowers of Grace Appear

Good morning!  It is a beautiful day here in the hundred acre woods.  Mel is out mowing the lawn, Taylor is playing games on my ipad, and I am all done with house work.  I still need to shop a little.  We have the missionaries coming over for dinner, and I need a few things.  It should be fun to have them here.
Taylor is quite happy.  He finished his research paper!  So now he is done with school.  He is doing home school this semester, and I think he is enjoying it a lot.  Liz not so much.  So he will be going back to regular public school in the Fall.  They have moved to a different place, so hopefully the bullying will not continue in a new school.  That was the main reason they did home school.  He is a smart boy, and he learns quickly.  I had fun helping him with his paper.  But it was hard to keep him on track.  He loves to talk, and everything is a new topic.  But I suppose that is evidence of a creative mind.  He is lots of fun.
Yesterday I made cinnamon rolls and homemade bread.  So he is pretty happy with that.  So is Mel.  I don't make bread as much as I used to.  I guess because it makes me fat:)  I love it as much as they do.  Only my metabolism is not very fast any more.  Sigh and double sigh!!!
So....new topic.  I have a Christmas cactus (houseplant) that I have had for a couple of years.  It is a nice plant, but it has always gotten very tiny buds of flowers that don't grow large and then fall off without opening.  I don't know what happened, but this last week it started growing very large buds, and they are opening into beautiful full flowers.  My visiting teachers wanted to know what I did.  I honestly don't know.  We did move it to the coffee table when we had company for Mother's Day, and it is closer to the pellet stove.  It was only there for a couple of days.  Other than that I am clueless.  But the flowers are gorgeous, so I took a few photos to share.



Well, I hope things are going well in cyberspace.  I am pulling for you!!!!  We're all in this together!!!!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Love the pictures of the flowers of course. It is interesting to see a plant all of a sudden bloom at a different time period and or like yours do better perhaps in a different spot. I do not have a green thumb at all.
It sounds like you might have a minute to relax today before you feed the missionaries.
I love homemade bread and I don't make it for the same reason. I hate that everything that is not good for you is tastes the best.
This needs to be changed somehow.
Blessings and hugs!