Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Happy Wanderer

Hola!  That song came to mind as I was thinking of wandering and what title would work for this blog.  Here's all the words to The Happy Wanderer.  (I am the singing granny after all.)

I love to go a-wandering,
Along the mountain track,
And as I go, I love to sing,
My knapsack on my back.
Chorus:
Val-deri,Val-dera,
Val-deri,
Val-dera-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Val-deri,Val-dera.
My knapsack on my back.

I love to wander by the stream
That dances in the sun,
So joyously it calls to me,
"Come! Join my happy song!"

I wave my hat to all I meet,
And they wave back to me,
And blackbirds call so loud and sweet
From ev'ry green wood tree.

High overhead, the skylarks wing,
They never rest at home
But just like me, they love to sing,
As o'er the world we roam.

Oh, may I go a-wandering
Until the day I die!
Oh, may I always laugh and sing,
Beneath God's clear blue sky!

I love the sentiment of that song!  I love to hike about and wish I still could.  But I do like to wander in my car and see new sights.  It must be the pioneer in me:)  And of course I still laugh and sing!
I have been painting again this morning.  And I think I am almost done with this frustrating painting.  It helped to decide they were on a cruise:)  How silly I know, but it solved the background problems, and gave me an ocean to paint.  Anyway, I am not real happy with this painting still, but happier than yesterday, and since I am going to throw it in the burn pile when this class is done, I guess it is good enough:)  It is funny that I will not keep most of the paintings I have done.  I think I may cut out a few faces, but just for reference.  I will keep the things I can modify and the ones with clothes:)  Just writing this makes me chuckle.  I wish I had been at BYU, where they at least put a bathing suit on I have heard.  So here is the face I have been struggling with.  I think it is better.  Although not to my liking still.
Now I am going to take the rest of the afternoon off, at least from painting.  I promised Taylor we would go swimming.  And of course there is the laundry and dishes.  And I think I am going to be brave and vacuum.  Maybe....if I have to....I guess.  It certainly needs it.  And I have a book to finish for book club next week.  I am the presenter, so I probably should have it read.
Kenny called.  He's back from Africa.  I guess it was a real adventure in Nigeria the last couple of weeks.  He said he had to stay in the back seat of the car and hide whenever they went out.  I guess there is not a lot of good feelings for whites just now.  He is rather tall and stands out in a crowd, so just to be safe they did not let him wander too far.  He said it was still fun and fascinating.  I am glad he is home and safe!
Well, I hope all is well where ever you may wander today.  Take care and remember I am pulling for you!!!  And HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I loved the lyrics. Rather lovely thoughts I would say. I am impressed with how your art evolves. I can see throwing away the undressed ones. I think I would keep all the others. When you become famous then the earlier art becomes priceless.
Blessings!

singing/granny said...

LOL! Thank you for your kind thoughts! I love all your comments. Best wishes! Melody