Monday, June 2, 2014

An afternoon blessing

Greetings and Salutations!  Today is going rather quickly, so I thought I had better send out a happy message before it is over completely.  It does seem like the days are extremely short anymore.  I know this is probably something to do with a combination of old age, forgetfulness, and....I forget the third thing.  Anyway, it is already 2 o'clock and I haven't gotten even close to half way done with my list of things to accomplish today.  I did work on some music for choir.  I had thought I could easily come up with a simple arrangement for one of the hymns.  I don't know who I thought I had become when I thought that...Mack Wilberg or Sally DeFord?  Anyway, I spent an hour on an arrangement and got about six measures done.....not nearly good enough.  I need to get a better music writing program and a keyboard if I am really serious about this.  So I am back to hunting for an arrangement for choir to practice this Sunday.  I think I have a couple in my box of music that will do.
I am also washing the laundry.  So that will give me an excuse to sit and fold clothes and take a little rest before we leave for Boise and Kaitlyn's graduation.  She is Kim's step daughter...and a real sweet girl.  Kim calls her step kids her "bonus" kids, and I have to agree.  They are all four really neat kids.  Anyway, that is it.  I am kind of running on fumes this afternoon.  So I may take a power nap before I tackle the laundry.  Oh, and I said I was sending out a happy message...so, the sign downtown:)  "Laughing stock - cows with a sense of humor."
 I know....not that funny.  So instead here is an Irish blessing to brighten your day.  "May good luck be with you wherever you go, and your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow."   
This shamrock seems to have four leaves!
Remember I'm pulling for you!!!!  And HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody    

No comments: