Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Another Day

Good evening!  It's been kind of an interesting day today.  I woke up with all kinds of energy and made a long list of things to accomplish today.  I got the first thing on my list done:)  That was shopping.  I came home and decided I needed to clean out the garage fridge before I put food away.  And that was probably my first mistake.  Because it was a big job.  It is really clean now, but I got so tired doing that I didn't get the rest of the list done.  Sigh!!!  I did do a kind of cool thing though.  I have been doing this salad in a jar thing that is keeping me eating healthy.  And when I was making my shopping list I found another idea...fruit salad in a jar!  Yum!  I made 12 jars!!!!  It's only about 150 calories, it's quite filling and it really cuts that craving for a candy bar or dish of ice cream.  Here is a photo of the salad in a jar and the fruit salad.
I guess what I like about it is that I do the work once....then it is in the fridge just waiting for me.  And it is fresh and cold and crisp and yummy!!!!....and healthy!!!!!
So I went on facebook, and to my surprise John Bytheway had posted a video done by a stake presidency that is hilarious....and they live nearby!  I love that the scenery is of Boise!  What good sports they are too.  It is definitely something worth watching....so here's a link. video I am going to make sure my grandkids see this one!  I like that they are trying to connect with the kids.  I think their efforts will be appreciated in larger ways than they imagined!
Well, I just got a text from Mel that he is headed home.  It is about time!  But he often works late.  I can't say I am used to it, but I am adjusting....if I have to....I guess:)  Take care out there in cyberspace!!!  I am pulling for you!!!!  We're all in this together!!!!!  And have a most enjoyable evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody
 P.S.  I showed the video to Mel and he is going to show it to our stake presidency:)

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I loved this post. Do you have a link to the healthy jars?
Blessings for good health for you!