Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Enjoying Life

Good evening!  I am feeling pretty good....after a nap.  It seems like I can't go a whole day without a lie down anymore.  But I should count my blessings!  At least I have the freedom to actually take a nap.  And now I am feeling pretty darn good (as the natives say it around here.)  I may even venture out to the orchard with Mel tonight.  I'm not sure he is really going.  When I went by his work earlier, he seemed really busy.  He is working on a mold that is pretty hard.  It is for a little clip.  I'm not sure what the clip is used for, but it is small and kind of tricky to mold.  I am always amazed he knows how to do this stuff.
I had book club this morning.  It was our annual breakfast.  We meet in June at a nice restaurant and don't talk about books at all.  It was fun visiting with my friends.  It seems we hardly ever have time to just talk.  But today we did.  I think we may have made the waitress a little crazy, but we tipped her well:)  It is so reassuring to talk to others and realize that my life is not as crazy as I sometimes think it is.  They also have children and grandchildren with challenges and are as much confused by it all as I am.  I guess there is some comfort in that.  Nobody ever warned me that grown children were tons more challenging than teenagers!  :)  Anyway, we had lots of fun and stayed nearly two hours.  So then I decided I had better finish the shopping I had only half completed yesterday.  And then I came home and made some more salad jars and ate my yummy lunch.  I still am amazed at how much easier it is to eat healthy this way.  I am kind of hungry now, but I am hoping Mel comes home soon.  I may have to eat without him though.  I don't enjoy the headache I get when I don't eat at a reasonable time.
Well, I guess that is my life's story today.  Not too exciting.  But good nevertheless.  I have been writing down ideas for painting....in my head so far.  I really have to get with it.  I am hoping when the easel arrives it will give me the little kick I am needing.
So have a lovely evening out there in cyberspace.  I am still pulling for you.  And I am happy and glad to be alive.  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGE!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I actually went to a lunch yesterday and felt the same way. It is interesting because I have been saying for a long time that Adult children are harder to raise. I really kind of enjoyed my teenagers.
Blessings~