Sunday, June 15, 2014

Fathers

Happy Father's Day!  I feel so blessed to have the wonderful father I have, who is still well and going strong at 91!  He has always been there for me and I love him so very much!
And then there is my sweet husband and father of my children, Mel.  What a special man he is and how blessed I am to have him for my eternal companion.  He has always been so good to me.
It is a fun day for Mel though, today.  He has a talk to give in the 25th ward today.  He thought he could just give a humorous light talk about fathers, but the bishop asked him to base his talk on a talk by Elder L. Tom Perry that is a bit more serious...the duties of a father and his responsibilities to his family and the priesthood. Here's a link. Elder Perry It will be a good talk I am sure, Mel is very good at speaking.  But it will be a harder talk too.  I was a little surprised they still have the high council talking on Father's Day.  Luckily he will be done soon, as church starts for their ward at nine.  Which means I have no more time to blog:)  Have a wonderful day!!!!  Melody

No comments: