Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday

Good evening!  As I was driving home I noticed the sign downtown had changed.  It now says, "Abundance - a baker's jig."  Ha!   I love that sign!
So today I didn't paint.  I smudged the paint around a little, but I had too much else going on...namely Ellen, Aaron, and Sebastian.
 They are Kim's kids.  I was helping her out a little today.   Anyway, we had fun...ate lunch at Red Robin, toured Zamzow's and played with the bunnies and the ferret, and wandered through Costco while Mel got a tire examined.  They have to order in a new tire.  So he is driving with a spare until next week.  Bummer.  But it is fine, since we are staying home anyway.  I guess I will paint tomorrow when he is putting a car back together that is sitting in his shop.  It seems like he always has so much to occupy his time.  I am glad he can stay busy, I guess.  But some days I wish he could just retire!  He would go nuts though I am sure.  He actually enjoys working.  I guess I am not so fond of it.  Unless it is painting, but I guess that doesn't really count as it doesn't  feel the same as other work, because I enjoy it.  But admittedly it does take a lot of energy, at least the mental kind.
So tonight I guess we will just watch the TV and enjoy the evening.  I like Friday nights at home!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh it looked like you had a fun time with your grandchildren. I think our husbands must be somewhat a like. My husband likes to work and I keep hoping he will retire. Regretfully, his job is stressful and he doesn't think we are quite ready for him to retire.
It is nice when you have a passion for something. You have art; I am not sure if I am doing my true passion.
Blessings to you!