Friday, June 6, 2014

Painting

Good morning!  I just noticed I have gesso on my hand...and that is good.  It means I have followed through with these nagging impulses to paint.  I have done the first step this morning, which is to prepare a canvas.  Now, while it is drying, I need to come up with a composition.  So I will pull out a few photos I have taken and sketch a little this morning.  I hope I can feel inspired.  I am going crazy again in the middle of the night trying to paint in my head.  It works better to paint on canvas.
One of my teachers for my senior seminar said to pick a work schedule and stick to it.  I can see why she advised that.  It is so easy to let everything else crowd in.  And that is OK, but I do think I will have to set aside one day at least every week for painting, or I never will paint again.  So Friday seems like a good day this week:)  And once I get painting again I think it will be hard not to keep it up.
I guess the problem is that there is so much else to do.  For instance...today I need to take the car in for an oil change, buy a few plants for my garden, go swimming with Taylor, grocery shop, pay bills, etc.  The list goes on and on.  And of course there is always laundry and dishes!
I just listened to a very inspiring talk by President Hinckley.  It is from the dedication of the Hinckley building at BYU Idaho.  Here is a link.  Pres. Hinckley 
He was a special prophet!
I think every young person in the church should listen to this.  It is really inspiring!
On the entertainment front, I have been watching an A&E show called Longmire.  The first two seasons are on netflix.  And then the ongoing show is on Monday nights at 10/9 depending on where you live.  You can watch the first episode of season three here... another link:) Longmire  I like this cowboy/detective show.  It was a little slow at first, but I kind of like the cowboy aspect.  And I especially like the American native stories.  It does get a little violent, and the language is a little rough at times.  I wish they could leave that out.  Sigh!
And now I am off to work on my list.  I am excited to sketch!!!  I hope life is wonderful in cyberspace today!!!!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, you do have a list of things to accomplish in one day. I am tired just reading it.
I do want to see some of your paintings so you had better get busy.
Blessings and hugs!