Saturday, June 7, 2014

Planting

Good day!  It does feel good to have a Saturday when Mel is not at work.  Or rather not at work in the shop downtown.  He is working plenty hard here, on lawns, sprinklers, garden...you know the routine! We talk about moving to some place a little less work intense, but we both love it out here in the country.  So we talk and do little to change things.  If I had lots of money I would put a lot of this land under cement patios, and put in a big swimming pool.  But I have heard from my sister who has a pool, that it is a lot of upkeep too.  Last night Mel suggested we move to a condo with a community pool.  Hmmmm....something to ponder.  I have a friend who moved to a retirement community where they do your yard, but it seemed so childless.  I like to have my kids and grandkids here.  I don't think they are allowed in those subdued communities.
So I went with Mel to the temple last night.  It was so peaceful there.  And I got a few new ideas for painting.  I am going to enter the church art contest in November.  So I have been thinking what I should paint for that.  The theme is "Tell Me the Stories of Jesus".  I had a few ideas while I was sitting in the chapel waiting for our session to begin.  Now I just have to go forward with those ideas.
And today is plant a few more things in the garden day.  Mel has a little time to help me with that.  I am glad, because it is hard for me to plant things...it is so far down to the ground!  I can't kneel....it hurts too much.  So I have to bring out a chair or bend over...way over.  Do I sound like a whiner?  I definitely am!!!!
Anyway, I hope today is a good day for you out in cyberspace.  Have a gut wan!!!!  Melody


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I think we are like you we have property that is getting harder to take are off; but we still need a home for when children and grandchildren come to visit. At this point we are staying put. We had a pool once and there is a lot of upkeep with it.
We need to put in a garden but I just don't know when that will happen.
The temple is the perfect place to get inspiration for our paining. I will look forward to what you do for the art contest.
Blessings to you both!