Thursday, June 26, 2014

Progress?

Good morning!  I have been painting this morning.  I wanted to work out the hand on the woman's hair while I could still think clearly.  I kind of like this ghostly start.
I may not do a whole lot more with the boy's face...except correct things.  I have been looking at Eugene Carrier's painting, "Her Mother's Kiss".  It has that surreal feeling about it that I would like to imitate a little.
 But I am putting down my brush for today and getting on with things around here.
As I am writing this I am yawning.  I didn't sleep well last night and it is beginning to feel like it.  I guess I could take a morning nap.  Kinda weird I guess, but it wouldn't be the first time.
Anyway, I thought I would share my bit of progress.  Have a good day!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I enjoyed reading through a few of your last posts. I think your new painting is really good. I think doing faces would be so complicated. You have been very busy with Painting, grandchildren, picking and putting up cherries and your calling too. I do hope you try to rest a little. I would say you are almost as busy as going to school.
I know I tend to fill up my days with lots of things to do that I am getting stressed at times. I thought at this age; I would be less busy.
Keep on enjoying your painting and I will keep on enjoying looking at it your newest creation.

singing/granny said...

It is funny how quickly the routine fills up. I too thought I would be less busy at this age. But I find after a life time of being busy that I get a little bored with not enough to do. Like today....I went and picked up a couple of my grandsons to fill up the quiet in this house. I guess it is the quiet that gets to me the most. But then after a couple of hours of non quiet, I am ready for some quiet again:) I am glad you like the painting. I do too for a change. Blessings to you and yours! Melody