Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sabbath Day

Good Sunday evening!  It has been a good day.  And I am glad it is almost over:)  I am tired.  I didn't have to lead the hymns in Sacrament meeting after all.  So I only had the choir to lead.  They did well, and now we will start on a new song for next month.  We may do one over that we did a while back.  It is a hard one though, so I have to think this one through.
The stake high council has started a new program called, "Come and See".  I think it will be good.  It is designed to allow people interested in what the church is like to "come and see".  It has already been tried in the Caldwell stake and seems to be a good thing.  There are a lot of people in the community who are interested in the church, but not sure they want to actually come to church.  This meeting is held in the chapel twice a month on a week day and people can come to see a short video about the church, ask questions, and find their ancestors on family search.  I think it is working well so far.  I think Mel will have some responsibility with this.
Our home teachers came this evening.  They are good men, very faithful....they never miss coming each month.  I am glad we have good home teachers.  It makes me feel safer I guess....like there is someone to call if we need help.  We did call one of them when I had that pulmonary embolism last October.  It was a great help.
Well, I hope Sunday is a good day for you.  It is such a great day for me.  I love church, and our friends we see there...and the good spirit that attends us.  It is good to feel the Lord close to us as we receive instruction and buoy each other up in this troubled time.  I am grateful.  So have a wonderful Sabbath evening!  And keep that stick on the ice:)  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am happy your choir did well. I love church choirs. I would love to sing in them if I didn't cough my head off when I try to sing due to allergies and reflux.
The Come and See program sounds like a great one.
It is awesome to have good home teachers.
I do love the Sabbath day and always look forward to it. I especially love the quiet ones where I can read or study the scriptures.
Blessings for sharing your Sabbath day!