Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What Did the Fox Say?

Happy Day!  I am having one myself today.  First my visiting teachers came.  They are such sweet ladies and good friends, and we have fun visiting.  After that I headed on down our hill towards Mel's shop.  I stopped at the stop sign and noticed a few pelicans.  So I quickly got out my camera to take a few shots, but when I looked back up in the sky they were gone.  So I took a right turn and just then, about 15 pelicans flew right over me in the sky.  They were so beautiful!  They turn and catch the sun on their white feathers and just shine.  I love watching them!  I couldn't take any pictures though because the road there goes kind of fast and there is no shoulder.  Drat!!!  But I did take a picture with my mind.  I will smile every time I think of them.  I really do think of them as a good omen.
Last night as we were driving back home from town, we saw three baby foxes playing at the side of the road.  There is a hole there where their family lives.  I took a few pictures, but it was dark, and only one turned out.  My friend, Vaun, saw them also during the day and got good photos of all three of them.  So I will share those along with my one kind of fuzzy in the dark one.



 I am happy we live out here next to the Wilderness Area.  We often are privileged to see wild animals.  Foxes are my favorite though, even if they do have a healthy appetite for chickens and cats.
I spent this morning doing payroll for Mel.  That is kind of fun.  I like writing checks:)  Of course I like spending them even more.  I kind of like this part of the business....the money side.  I have a friend whose husband owns quite a few stores.  They have several accountants and bookkeepers.  But she told me she handles the actual money:)  I laughed at that.  I guess what she meant was she makes the deposits and makes sure there is money to cover expenses, but it sounded at first like she meant that she spent the money.
So now I am home again...ready to tackle more laundry and keep at the reorganizing around here.  I keep thinking I will paint, so today I think I will get a canvas ready.  That way I will have something to actually paint.  I do have one canvas that is already ready for paint....but it is huge....4x6 feet.  I think I want to start smaller.  At least until I have a worthwhile subject in mind.
So that is life here today.  I hope it is happy and fun where you are today.  Take care and remember I am pulling for you!!!!!  And HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It sounds like you had a lovely day. I too should be organizing some things.
I will look forward to pictures of your art work. Maybe try those Pelicans that you pictured in your mind.
Blessings for you!