Monday, July 28, 2014

Es-cap-e!

Hola!  I haven't written for a few days...not because life is so boring...but because it has been so full of events in the last few days:)  The main one was a short trip up to Redfish Lake.  It was so lovely!  The temps were so cool we actually got cold!  It felt wonderful for a change.  And the lake was not disappointing.  It was so beautiful.  We rented a little boat and chugged around the lake Saturday morning.  It was an awful little boat...Mel said next time we would rent a real boat:)  But it was still beautiful and calming.  Life has been a little crazy of late, so it was nice to get away from it all and relax.  So here are some of the photos I took, along with some from my sister Joy who came up with us.
View from the lodge porch








This is a panoramic view from the porch

We had such a nice time!
Then Sunday the choir I am in charge of was supposed to sing for sacrament meeting.  I was so worried that we wouldn't have enough people.  I prayed hard that we would.  And to my delight...Jodell came with her sisters and brothers and brothers in law...they were having a sibling reunion!  It was the best choir we have ever had!!!  I was very happy and relieved.  We even had people come from our ward that have never come before.  So it was fantastic!!!  And afterward I was able to have a nice conversation with her brother Leon and gained a few more wonderful insights into painting better.  I think I really did have my prayers answered!
And now today I am living back in the world of normal.  But it was a nice few days.  I hope all is well wherever you may be in the wide and wonderful world of cyberspace!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I want to visit that lake; it did look like such a lovely relaxing place to be. I am happy you have had such a good relaxing time.
I loved that the choir went well.
Blessings!