Monday, July 7, 2014

Family Night....again!!!!!!

Good afternoon/evening!  It is hard to think of it as evening when it is bright and sunny and 97 degrees outside.  But the clock says it is approaching 6, so I guess it is officially evening.  Unless the term means when the day and night converge...or sunset.  Then it would be about 10.  So I am confused.  At any rate, it has been a pretty fun day.  I spent the morning getting my blood drawn at the BSU clinic.  I think they left me some.  But I did hear a remark about how hard it is to get any blood out of me.  Then I met Mel at Costco since we both had to be there, and we had a yummy, very cheap hot dog.  I love that we can get a lunch for $3!
Ooops!  Not that kind of dog!
Yep!  That's it!  Love those Costco dates!
Anyway, then I went to get Taylor and Gabe and we went to see "Earth to Echo."  They loved it...me not so much.  But I liked that they liked it.  I think I prefer E.T.  But we had fun being together.  And that is the main thing.  Then we had an A&W root beer float and I took Gabe back home.  But Taylor decided he wanted to spend FHE with Grandma and Grandpa, so we will do something when Mel arrives home.  We had planned to inspect our travel trailer and make a list of what things need to be done before we take it to Oregon next month.  Maybe Taylor will like that.  Especially if we sleep in it tonight.  We'll see.  It is still so hot, and it doesn't sound too fun.  I suppose we could pull it up to the mountains some time soon and take him with us.  He loves to sleep in the trailer.  I used to love sleeping in a tent.  That was before I woke up so many times during the night.  And it was much easier to hop up from a sleeping bag back then.
Actually I still like so much about camping...just not the sleeping in the tent part.  So having a trailer makes it a more enjoyable experience.  I wish we used it more.  Maybe we will in the coming years.  It is weird to think I am almost the age my mom was when they moved to Idaho.  They came to be closer to me and my sister, Diane who also moved here.  I think my mom suspected she had Alzheimer's...or at least that she might get it.  They were here about 6 or 7 years when she got the official diagnosis.  I think of that and I want everything to be in order for Mel and I...just in case the same thing happens to me.  But then I think it won't.  I am much too ornery!
Well, I hope things are good in cyberspace tonight.  Take care!  And remember I'm pulling for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, I used to love camping and now I don't as much. I think if we had a trailer I might. I remember growing up and just sleeping in a sleeping bag in the back yard. There was a million stars to look at.
My Dad had Alzheimer so I worry about my memory a lot.
I loved your hot god picture. You do have some great times with your grandchildren and esp. Taylor. He will grow with some great memories.
Blessings and hugs!