Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fortunate

Hola!  It is another hot day here.  I have to admit that I am tired of the hot weather!  It was so nice up in Stanley.  I think (if it was a possibility) that would be a nice place to have a summer home....or I guess I would settle for a beach house.  But I probably am going to have to take a deep breath and stick it out here in the heat.  Lucky for me the seasons change!
I went to see the doctor today...the eye doctor.  I like going to the eye doctor.  It is kind of like magic, all those cool machines that test your eyesight.  I like the one that takes a picture of your retina.  That is really cool.  And the good news is my prescription hasn't changed.  So I guess I don't need new glasses.  I do get new contacts though, since I wear those disposable kind and I am all out.  I still have a pair, but they are ancient.  He gave me a new pair, but they are not quite my prescription.  I will get the new ones that are my prescription next week.  In the meantime the world is a little bit blurry....at least from a distance.  It makes me think of that song by Bette Middler..."From a Distance."
Mel and I went to lunch at a Chinese restaurant in town this afternoon.  It was kind of fun, and they had a really cheap senior menu...two items for $4.69!  It is kind of fun to be a senior sometimes.  I like getting discounts.
After the meal I got a fortune cookie, which is always a bonus.  My fortune said, "You will receive a cheery message from a good friend very soon."  I liked that.  Did I ever mention how our daughter Amy thought we should manufacture Misfortune Cookies?  As a joke of course.  We had a lot of fun talking about what we might write for misfortunes.  But I don't think they would sell!  And the world is already full of enough misfortune!!!!
Mel just got home from work, so I have to scoot.  I hope all is well in cyberspace!  Take care and keep smiling!  And HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

You just reminded me that I need to make an eye appointment. I am hoping not to have my prescription change this year. However, I do think that my eyes without my glasses is getting blurrier.
I love to read fortunes. You got a good one.
I think you may get a cheerful blessing soon.