Thursday, July 17, 2014

Frying eggs on the cement today!!!!

Hi!  I am busy again today with kids.  We're having fun...hanging out watching netflix and generally being lazy.  Taylor and Gabe are pretty good brothers.  Oh yeah, they argue and compete with each other.  But they are doing much better than a month ago.  I think they are growing up!
This weather is still a little difficult.  I was able to go out and check my garden before it got too hot.  I brought in some yellow and green squash.  The tomatoes are on, although still green.  Melons are still flowering.  Peppers....I don't know.  They look sad.  But for as little effort as I have put in, they are all doing super.  I would certainly never win a gardening prize this year.  I guess my hope is to get through this year and hopefully next year we can get some professional landscaping done.  I would really love that!  My ideas of landscaping have certainly changed though.  I would love a zeroscape garden with a pool....and lots of cement!  When I was younger I loved gardening and had the energy and the knees to go with it, and growing roses and other flowers was fun for me.  Now it seems like so much weeding!  And it just continues to zoom way ahead of my energy!  And bending down, or even kneeling down, just doesn't work any more.  It's strange how quickly this has all come about.  Sigh!!!
I think for the rest of today we are going over to the shop to take some mail that arrived here for Mel.  It is business stuff, and important to him.  Then maybe we will have to stop at Walmart and get bubbles or something different for these kids.  Anyway, life continues on.  I hope all is well in your area of cyberspace today.  Take care and remember I am pulling for you!!!  And HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Another fun day with those cute grandchildren of yours.
We didn't even get a garden in this year; which is awful I know.
I don't enjoy gardening much for some of the same reasons. I keep thinking we need to put some desert landscaping in the back and not have as much grass to take care of in the summer. I would like some raised gardens so I hope that will happen next year
Blessings and hugs!