Sunday, July 20, 2014

Kindness Begins With Me

Hi there!  Today has been a good day.  In our ward we had two missionaries report on their missions.  They are brothers and we have seen them grow up here in this ward.  It was fun to hear of their experiences.  Then we hurried off to the student ward where Mel spoke for the high council.  He did well, and we saw a lot of young people there we know.  It is a little sad though, how poorly attended the ward is.  I guess the young people are attending other wards...or not going to church.  I hope it is not the latter.  We have such sweet young people in our stake.  A returned missionary also spoke in the student ward. He is also from our ward.  He went to New England on his mission.  The two brothers went to Mississippi and Tennessee.  They all claimed to have gone to the best mission in the church.  Then we talked to a young man who is the son of some good friends of ours that moved to the other side of the state.  His mission was to Russia...and yep, he thought his mission was the best in the church, too.  I guess it is hard not to love people that you serve.  Which is a good lesson for us all.  I think if we served each other more there might be less fighting and wars and contention.  It all seems a little silly to me.  I think people should just be kind!!!!
Well, enough of me and my soap box.  I hope all is well in cyberspace tonight!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGE!!!!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

A very good soap box topic. I do think kindness begins with each of us.
I love that all the missionaries love their missions; that says a lot doesn't it?
I loved this one.
Blessings and hugs~

singing/granny said...

Thanks LeAnn. I love reading your comments! It makes it feel like I am not sending out messages in a bottle! Take care! And blessings and hugs to you too!!! Melody