Thursday, July 10, 2014

Musing

Good morning!  I have been up for a while now, reading facebook and wondering what to write about in my blog.  Sometimes that muse is hard to locate!  I keep yelling "All-ee-all-ee-oxen free!" but she doesn't respond.
So today I visit my doctor.  I am not excited to go.  It seems like he always has bad things to tell me;)  But maybe my blood work will tell a good story this time.  I hope so.  I had an A1C done and also one of those more general kinds, where they can see a more broad spectrum of illness:)  I will go with the attitude that it's all good.  And then really hope that it is!!!  But it is one of those things that really doesn't change anything.  It is just like a weather report...it's still hot ...whether they tell you it is or not!
And besides that I have nothing really scheduled.  I do have a painting just sitting here that I need to finish.  I will find time for it soon.  Oh, but I did have a wonderful idea about my next painting!  I went visiting teaching on Monday, and one of the ladies I visit is Elsie.  I'm sure I have mentioned her before.  She is about 87 and a real sweet lady.  Anyway, as we were sitting there together talking, I kept thinking she would be interesting to paint.  And I have thought I would enjoy painting a temple scene with the Savior.  Then it occurred to me that Elsie would make a wonderful model for Anna...the one who saw the baby Jesus in the temple. It is found in Luke 2:36-38.  So I asked her if she would mind being my model...that I would take some photos of her for a painting.  She was flattered I think, but said she takes horrible photographs.  I assured her it would be wonderful.  So anyway, I have a small kernel of an idea for a painting.  Jodell, my friend and visiting teaching partner, was there too, she is sister to all of the Parson men who paint so beautifully, and she thought it sounded like a fantastic idea.  Of course, Jodell is one of those very positive people, who thinks everything is fantastic.  She is a good friend!  But it feels good to have something in mind.  It will take a while to figure out just what I want to do, but at least I have some direction!  I have thought for a while that I would like to paint the women who surrounded the Savior.  But I wasn't sure how to go about it.  Perhaps this will be the first in a series.
Well, I guess I had better get on with my day.  I hope your Muse is working hard for you!  Take care and remember I am still pulling for you!  And HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGreatWan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Melody

2 comments:

Jeri Pettingill said...

I love your idea for a series of paintings beginning with Anna. We have to travel to Loja and back today so Lewis can do temple recommend interviews. I hate bus trips on curvy mountain roads but I should be grateful I'm not walking.

LeAnn said...

I will pray that your blood work shows good things.
I think your idea for a new painting is exciting. I actually enjoy seeing paintings of older woman. Maybe that is because I am old.
We have a painting by Leon Parson's of the 1st vision. It is so beautiful. My one son knows him. He lives in Sugar City. Our children gave us this painting with their testimonies a few years ago. It is a favorite of course of mine.
Loved your thoughts on this one.
Blessings to you!