Saturday, July 19, 2014

No Ice!

Good evening!  Today has been a good day.  We had a bridal shower next door for one of my former MIA Maids.  She is 20 now.  Such a doll, and I am so happy for her.  I love to see young women grow into beautiful young wives.  I hope she is very happy.
The rest of today has just been a normal, lazy kind of day for me.  But Mel has worked hard!  While I was at the shower he weeded and mowed and chased a gopher in the back yard.  We have had a gopher and all of his cousins working hard in our back lawn since early spring.  Mel went after him today with a shovel and a trap.  Unfortunately, the gopher figured things out and retreated for the day.  I suppose he will return with his buddies tomorrow.  He is sure making havoc of our lawn.  I am tempted to borrow the neighbor's rat terriers...they could probably scare those little backhoes away!
Now it is evening, and we are just parked on the sofa.  Mel is writing his talk for tomorrow morning while I was scanning the TV for something interesting.  I couldn't find anything interesting, so I did dishes and laundry and then came in here to read facebook.  It is always interesting...for a few minutes. I suppose I will head back into the TV area soon.  Mel just asked for a proof reader, so I will comply.  I need to put my English degree to some good use.
So take care and have a wonderful night!!!  I guess the best thing to remember is to keep your stick on the ice:) ..... right!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I don't think it would be fun to have gophers. I do hope you can take care of that.
It seems like you had a lovely kind of easy going day.
Blessings!