Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tuesday morning

Good day to you!  It is a little cooler here today.  It's only supposed to get up to 97.  There is a breeze, so it does seem much better.
I am working on a project with Mel.  A lady that works with him on his books has a son that died.  They are making a memorial plaque to put in a bike park here in Nampa.  He was quite good at biking I guess.  I did not know Stanley, but I know of the heartache that is in his mother's heart.  So I am hoping I can help Mel with this.  We have a photo that his mom wants engraved onto metal, and then attached to a rock.
Unfortunately the photo is not really very distinct.  So my job is to draw the outlines and make it so that it will translate to Mel's engraving machine.  I am liking this project.  However it is not easy. I have worked on it in photoshop, trying to make it more readable.  And I do have a lightbox that will help.  But this morning I discovered that I am all out of paper suitable for this.  So I guess I get to take a trip to the store.   It's OK.  I need laundry detergent anyway.  And I also have a hair color appointment in Boise.  I am going to go to a school that teaches cosmetology.  I hope they can do this a little cheaper.  I hate paying so much money every month just to keep the gray away.  But it does help me feel younger, and these days I need all the help I can get!
After the hair appointment I am going to meet my daughter Kim.  We may go over to the fountain if it's not too hot.  The temperatures have been kind of oppressive.  Yesterday we were as hot as Phoenix.  Of course, it was probably a cool day there:)  My brother lives there and says that soon they get the monsoons.  I guess that is for August.  My dad is going for a visit and I am a little concerned that the heat will be too much for him.  But if I could, I would worry about everything, so I will just have to calm down and let things go.  It is hard for me....but I can do hard things!
Well, I don't have any wit or wisdom to pass on this morning.  I hope all is well out in cyberspace.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!  I'm still pulling for you!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love that you get to use your art skills to help your husband. It does sound like a sad project; but a sweet one.
Have fun getting your hair done.
Blessings!