Sunday, July 6, 2014

Winding Down

Good Sunday evening!  The last few days have really whizzed on by as we have been having so much fun with family.  And I have to admit, I am totally exhausted!  But it was lots of fun.  I love my children and grandchildren!  They are all so unique and full of good ideas.  It is fun to visit with them.  Life for them is so different in many ways than when I was their age.  But in many ways, still the same.  So we have fun comparing notes.
Now it is just Mel and I again here at home.  It feels nice and quiet!  Can you believe I am enjoying the quiet?  I truly am, although I do miss the noisy people.
I guess tomorrow will return to semi normal.  I have to go into Boise for a blood test.  But I plan to do a few things first around here.  There are still cherries and apricots.  I tried real hard to give them all away.  But there are just too many.  So I will get out the dehydrator, canner, and freezer stuff and try to put up a few things against the winter.  I think I can get enough done to keep us happy.  We are not big canned fruit eaters.  But we do like dried and frozen fruit, so that will probably be what I do most.
Today was nice at church.  I enjoyed having Michelle and Gary with us.  And the kids were all so cooperative in church.  I can remember not too many years ago when it was hard to keep them all corralled.  It all changes so quickly!
Well, I guess I don't have a whole lot to share.  I just wanted to say how grateful I am for family.  And our wonderful country!  I am so grateful for our freedoms.  I feel very blessed!  Have a peaceful and happy rest of today!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It sounds like you had a great Sabbath day and a peaceful one too. I know exactly what it feels like to love every second with your family but when they leave you also enjoy the peace and quiet again. Hope you blood tests go well. Do rest when needed.
Blessings and hugs!