Monday, August 4, 2014

A Cheery Message :)

Good merry morning!  I am sitting here with sweat dripping down my face!  No, I have not been to the gym...just out to my garden to pull some weeds before it got up to 100 again today.  It is kind of a sad little garden this year.  It has been too hot to work in it much, but the weeds don't mind.  They love the heat!  So, unless you look very close it looks like it is all weeds.  But this morning I was able to bring in cherry tomatoes, squash, cucumbers and peppers.  So despite the weeds, we still are getting vegetables. And we also have melons, but they aren't quite ripe enough.  And the watermelons have a long ways to go before they are done.
Yesterday was a lovely day surprisingly.  I brought my bag of tricks to church (puzzle books, colored pencils, paper, treats, etc.) and the kids all sat quietly through church!  I was amazed!!!!  Then they all went to class!  That was another amazing feat.  I am grateful for dedicated primary teachers!  I told Mel afterwards that I really needed church!  It was such an uplifting break!  After church we went to my grandson, Aaron's, ordination to the priesthood.  That was very special!  He is a sweet young man.  Here's a photo of him with Kim and Sean and his siblings.
Then we came home, fed the boys, and took them back to their mom and dad's.  That felt awfully good.  We enjoyed having them, but we both agreed....we are too old for toddlers!  I am still exhausted today. Alex is adorable, but he is into everything!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is a relief to not have to keep an eye on him this morning.  I admire all of those mothers out there who keep up the constant vigil.  I did it once or twice, but it was a very long time ago!
And so life continues on.  I think it is definitely speeding up.  We only have a week before we will be packing up for the coast.  I am excited for our family reunion.  It should be lots of fun!  My dad is looking forward to seeing all of us too.  We will be camping at the coast, but it is only about an hour and a half from his house.  So we should be able to visit.  Barb is too ill to travel, but we can do the traveling!  So I am very excited.  I have lots to do in the mean time, but I am glad to have this to look forward to.
Well, I hope things are swell in your neck of the woods today.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am so happy you had a good day at church with your grandchildren. I too feel tired after having the younger children around.
It is fun to be able to attend the church events of your grandchildren. We try not to miss at least the baptisms. We can go up for all of my oldest son's children's advancements.
Reunions are fun but a lot of work. However, it is worth it all.
Blessings for you all to have a wonderful family event.