Saturday, August 23, 2014

Party On!


Good morning!  It is beautiful and sunny here in Wenatchee. We had such a fun day yesterday visiting with my aunt and uncle and my dear sweet cousins and their families!  It is wonderful to celebrate 90 years of good living. My cousin Leslie has eight sons, and four of them were able to come!  They are all grown up now and it was fun to get to know them just a little better.  I have seen them a few times over the years but not often. They moved to Missouri in 1973. So it has been hard to visit.
My cousin Bret is a furniture/cabinet maker. He is making a bed from old organ pipes right now.  He is an artist in his own right!


My dad had such fun visiting with my uncle Ken. Me too!  I wish we could visit more, but life is beckoning us back to work.  But I took some photos to remember it all.

The birthday girl (in blue). My aunt Glynn. 

This is my beautiful cousin Leslie. She has always been a good friend to me!


So the party was great.  But when we got back to our hotel I discovered we were missing my bag with all my medicine and toiletries!   I think we must have accidentally left it in Yakima.  I tried calling the motel last night but they said to call back today when their housekeeping staff was in.  It's not super terrible, but I am a little worried because we are traveling and we sit for so long.  I haven't stressed too much cuz I take a blood thinner.  So I will make sure we stop often and walk around.  And I will pick up some aspirin somewhere this morning!  I guess there has to be a little opposition or it would all be way too wonderful!  I have really enjoyed this trip!
Anyway, I hope all is great wherever you may be in this wide and wondrous world!  I'm pulling for you!  HAVVVVVGW!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It does look like you had some sweet moments with your Dad and other relatives.
I think both my husband and I have left our medications home when traveling. Hopefully, you can get a few pills from a pharmacy to get you through until you get home.
Blessings for you and be safe!