Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Stormy Weather

Good afternoon!  It has been a bit interesting around here the last couple of weeks, and especially the last couple of days.  I think the drama is subsiding now.  At least I hope so.  It is so hard when grown children have problems....they never seem simple or easy to solve.  It makes me long for the day when the worst decision was whether to wash the whites or the darks:)  Hmmm.  I always seem to have a laundry or dishes theme.  Sorry about that!
I think I may get back to painting here soon.  I keep thinking I will, but like I said the drama has been a little intense.  So I have had to put it off.  It is OK though.  I had such a calm reassurance that all would be well when we were in the temple the last time....and that when I painted again it would be with more confidence.  I am looking forward to that!  I think if I painted today, it would be like that bad hurricane painting I painted a few years back...don't remember?  Here it is:)
This really makes me laugh.  It started out as a calm, sunny watercolor, but it soon was resembling the feelings I had at the time....because of my grown up kids.  It's funny.  I have talked to other mothers my age, and most of us agree....teenagers were a breeze compared to adult children!  Here is another painting from that time....same thing happened.  The more I painted the stormier it got!


Perhaps a good stormy painting would help me to calm down a little.  I may try it.  Although at present the thing I need most is a nice long nap.  So I may try that first.
Anyway, I hope things are wonderful out in cyberspace today.  Take care and keep smiling!!!  And HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

This was actually comforting to me because it is so true that adult children are harder to deal with. It is a massive storm. Before our reunions my husband and I fast, put all their names on the temple roll and then pray mightily that we can get through the reunion. I pray that Satan will be bound. The last two reunions it has been a miracle. I can't wait until they are the same age and see how they feel.
Teenagers were much easier and so are the grandchildren.
Blessings, love and hugs!

singing/granny said...

I am chuckling. Yep it's true. A long kept secret! I like your ideas about praying for Satan to be bound. I am so hoping everyone will be happy and enjoy our time together next week! Thanks for the words of empathy. It is nice to know we are all in a similar boat! Take care! Melody