Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thursday



Hola!  We made it to Yakima.  Tomorrow we travel on to Wenatchee, WA. I am glad we had a week of relaxing (haha!) before taking this long trek.  My dad is doing well. Only minor confusion. The hardest thing is keeping him from driving. He drives around his little town and does quite well. But I worry about him where it is unfamiliar. So far I have been successful at talking him out of it.  For 91 he is remarkable!  And he is happy.  What an accomplishment!  He has always been a pretty optimistic person.  I am so blessed to have a father who is so good and kind.
We stopped in Portland to see my niece and her new baby. Then we drove along the Columbia gorge before we turned north. I will post a few photos. 

This last one is of the beach in Bandon. Soooooo beautiful!
Anyway it has been a long day. I even swam here at the motel pool to get some exercise. So it is definitely time to sleep.  Nighty night!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Enjoy the rest of the precious moment of this trip. I think it is awesome that your Dad can still drive a bit. It really is the hardest thing to give up. Make these last moments relaxing.
Blessings to you all!