Thursday, August 28, 2014

Very, very Old!!!!!

Hi!  I have been doing a catch up day today.  Mostly catching up on resting.  I did watch 2 year and 364 day old Alex.  It's his birthday tomorrow.  That was only for an hour.  Then I did the rest of my visiting teaching, that was a couple of hours.  But I came home from that feeling exhausted.  So I have just been laying around here with my feet up watching netflix.
Tomorrow is our anniversary....44 years!  It is hard to believe that so much time has gone by!!!!!  But it really has.  All I have to do to convince myself of that is to look in the mirror.  I am not that innocent young bride any longer.  But I hope I have become a little bit more like my mom and grandmas.  They were all such good women!  And they each aged beautifully.  Which makes me think I need to start back to weight watchers...sigh!  I guess it is all in how you perceive beauty.  So we really have no plans for the long weekend.  We are both kind of worn out from our trip:)  It sounds really nice to have dinner in and spend the weekend here at home.  I may get some steaks to barbecue or something nice.
I am fully aware that I have not been writing terribly well for a while now.  I did have a couple of things to share from the sign downtown.  Are you ready?  "Oily - the opposite of late."  And the other side..........hmmmmmmmmm.  I guess I will have to drive by it one more time.  It completely escapes me.  But I'm sure it was funny.
I could tell you how Taylor commented on my age yesterday.  I accidentally scraped myself when his text book fell off the table onto my shin.  Anyway, it started bleeding and Taylor said, "Wow, are you bleeding like that because you are so very, very old?"  I had to explain that NO, I was just on a blood thinner and so it made me bleed a little more easily than normal.  I liked the "very, very" part.  He is so funny.  He is always modifying his behavior to go along with his very old grandma.  Like I will say, "Slow down, you're walking way too fast!"  And he will say, "Oh yeah, I forgot you are old!"  It would make me feel bad if it wasn't so funny....and true!  Of course I don't feel as old as he thinks I am, but it's all relative.  I can remember a time when I thought teenagers were old!
Well, I guess this old granny had better whip up some grub for my old man who just got home from work.  I hope all is happy and well in cyberspace!!!!!!!!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVGreat evening!!!!!  Melody


No comments: